General Dentistry refers to the general maintenance of oral care and teeth health. It involves prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of oral conditions, diseases and disorders which affects the teeth, gums and maxillofacial (including the jaw and face) region of the body. Here at Chesterfield Hilltown Dental, we offer varieties of General Dentistry services to help our patients maintain proper dental hygiene and prevent diseases.
General Dentistry Services offered at Chesterfield Hilltown Dental
- Regular Checkups: Regular Dental check-up involves a thorough examination, professional cleaning, oral cancer screening and digital x-ray to have a full mouth checkup to detect early signs of diseases and prevent oral damages.
- Crowns and Bridges: These are restorative materials used as a replacement for damaged or missing teeth. It helps in preserving facial structure preventing it from sagging.
- Dentures: It is a prosthetic device commonly used in replacing missing teeth. Dentures do not only restore the patient’s smile, but it also restores functions which allow the patient to speak, and eat normally. Chesterfield Hilltown Dental provides Dentures services options such as fixed and traditional dentures and denture stabilization.
- Halitosis Treatment: Chronic bad breath can be devastating because is not the usual morning breath everyone is experiencing. Having this kind of disease reduces one’s self-esteem and may be an indication of serious complications. Halitosis treatment is designed to combat persistent bad breath allowing the patient to have fresher and healthy smile.
- Inlays and Onlays: These are restorations used to treat mild-moderate tooth decay. Inlay and onlays also restore the teeth structure and appearance while protecting the teeth.
- Sealants: It is considered as a preventative treatment. Sealants are made from smooth plastic resin which is used in fissures and grooves on the back teeth chewing surfaces to prevent tooth decay caused by food debris and plaques.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Tooth decay can be treated with tooth-colored fillings. It is a type of restorative treatment that restores teeth structure and aesthetics because it mimics the tooth color making it appear natural.
- Sleep Apnea Treatment: Sleep apnea is a serious condition that is characterized by repeated breathing interruption. To treat this type of condition and prevent further health complications, oral appliances are used.